Beauty lies in the Eyes of the viewer!

Friday, June 28, 2013

The bliss of doing “Sewa”

Today was the second day of my YES!+ course and It was too Perfect in all the ways possible. Today we learnt Surya Namaskar and Sudarshan Kriya. And we also had a brief Rock Vajan. IT was mind blowing. Like the first day, today too I decided to walk on foot.  Ever since I started traveling through Nepal Yatayat, there was one way which I was wondering where it would lead me to? I’d asked my bother and some of my friends a couple of times about this way and they told me that it “might” lead to Dhumbarahi area. But as my nature, I was still unsatisfied by their reply. So, today, I knew that no one was going to stop me from  doing what I wanted. And I was far too careless to bother about the time and to wonder on this stupid question myself “what if I lost the way?”.

“Nah…that would be too dumb…I’m not a kid anymore and I can take care of myself better”, I consoled myself.

Then I walked passed this lake named KAMAL POKHARI.


Kamal Pokhari
I sat around here for awhile admired its beauty and then moved on my way back to explore the new way I was going to. I was at the entrance of that road around 10 minutes later. On the left side, I saw a fence and was sure that it was a traditional tap made by ancestors. Here is a photo of it.


But I was too tired. I felt I was dehydrating and needed a drink, an energy drink. During these days I have made a habit of visiting fruit shop and then having a natural fruit drink. So I entered this one with lots of lovely mouth watering fruits.








“Ah….what a relief!!! It almost felt like an Amrit”, satisfied with the drink, I went out of the shop and walked straight ahead. (My head though never is straight when I walk through a new way) I was excited rather than being worried of getting lost and being too late for home (though I have to be home by 8:30 pm when I’m out, so I thought I could make it till then).  Then I stopped by an intersection of roads, with a big temple in front of me (Nepal is a country with lots and lots of temple, You’ll see a temple every 10 or 15 minutes of walk), leading to three places which I had not any idea where they led to. So, filled with this doubt I turned towards the person standing right next to me where the roads led to. The one straight ahead led to “Kalo Pul”, the one on my right led to where I had started from “Kamalpokhari” and last one was to “Bhat-Bhateni”. I thought for a while “Kalo pul is too far I guess and I don’t think I should mess up to much with this freedom thing. For the second choice, I wouldn’t want to get back to the place from where I started, that would be a total waste.” Now only the last option remained, and it was so easily decided.  












































I was standing right opposite to this beautiful temple wondering which way to go when all of a sudden my head turned on the left side to see one lady on a wheelchair. She was heading the way which I'd decided to go. I don't know why and from where this feeling emerged, but soon I found myself moving closer to that lady. For reasons I couldn't comprehend, I wanted to talk with her for even a while. I wanted to know about her. My eyes fell at her hands which were continuously rowing the wheels of the chair. I wondered "for how long?" I reached just a couple of inches behind her and asked, "Where are you heading out to sister? Can I walk with you for a while? Mmm I mean I'm heading the same way!(tapai kata samman janu hunchha didi? ma pani yehi bato hindai chhu....baru sangai hidum na hai?)".....I don't know why for some reasons but I felt a little bit uncomfortable having the thought that she might decline me saying that she doesn't need the pity of anyone though my intentions were clear. I had that fear but I had my mind clear and I know that from the deepest of my heart I did not intend to make her feel inferior in any way. All of my fear was gone when she accepted with a simple but one of the most contended smile that is too rare to find in any ordinary human. I knew she had something special, I could read it in her face which was glowing with nothing but smile. It made me smile. I asked her whether she was headed to home to which she replied "Yes".















No comments:

Post a Comment