Beauty lies in the Eyes of the viewer!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How Disappointment turns into fun...!!!

                Today, as soon after my college was over, I took a tempo to NEWROAD. I passed through the entrance of new road with a smile. No doubt, I was so much excited about what I was heading for! I took a left turn and reached Khichapokhari...Ah...it was so pleasurable thought I was having! I already had started dreaming about this new MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I was going to own in a couple of minutes, I had even managed to make a mind list of the songs and the melodious tunes I would soon be able to play on this instrument! Far apart from everything else I was glad because it was a new knowledge I would be gaining; another step towards my world of music.
           

          Bearing all these thoughts on my mind, I entered NEW SPORTS AND MUSIC SHOP (the shop from where I'd bought my Italina 5 years ago{2063 B.S}) . I asked the shop owner with great delight “Is there a SARANGI¿”and the reply was disappointingly a negative nod! Little bit upset though, but still I was assured because there were other musical shops too! So I went to the adjacent shop and repeated the same question! And the answer I got was no different than the previous! I went to 3 more shops that were there and I got nothing more than a “No” from all of them. By then I was determined that I would anyhow and from anywhere buy a Sarangi. So I without any delay and further queries or thoughts entered the crowd of New road, I did a whole round of the place but yet nothing was to be found! I again went to Khichapokhari because I thought I missed a shop! this time I took the other side and keen fully scanned through all the hoarding boards! Finally I found DEEP MUSIC. I then went up through the stairs and reached a glass door! I could see the tempting and heavenly collection of GUITARS of variety of brands and designs. Never mind, I was searching for a something else and I would just be dreaming about those sexy guitars. I asked the owner with a mere hope...and yeah he proved me right...there was no Sarangi there either. I got out of there. From there I headed out for Aasan as it could be the only possible place to find what I badly craved for! I was so damn tired and hungry! But I had no time to stop because I was well aware about the superb transport facilities available in our city and especially during the night-time! I flee fast towards Aasan and then took the shortcut through Bhotahiti….In matter of a few moment there I was in the regular “galli” of Aasan where there are a few musical shops. I went to one and put forward my question. The person looked at me and said “Yes, we have!”… “Shall I take it Out?”.  The last time(about a week ago) I’d visited the Shop of New road I’d enquired about the price of it and the person had told  me that it was Rs. 900…..The whole time I kept thinking “How could it be just 900?”…hah…..I got the answer to the question that was hovering on my mind! I asked, “What’s the price?”….. “RS 2500”….WTF!!!!! I was SHOCKED and too much disappointed!! I again asked the person if there were different sizes available and he said there weren’t any other…. L
        

Sarangi - The Beauty of Nepali Music
The Briefer History Of Time


   

Sad and Heavy hearted I turned around and went away towards the Chowk. And the Whole time I was thinking about that old chap in that shop who had told me that the price was Rs 900. Never mind, I reached the chowk. As it’s like my habit that whenever I visit New road or Asan I reach for the wonderful and small “kurauni” shop which is under the sky bridge. From there I bought some kurauni I was still unsure of what I would do of the money I had in my wallet. So I decided to visit the “Education Book House”. Straight away I went towards the Sci-Fi section and soon pondered through the books. I have the habit of reading the feedback or review written at the back of the cover. Then I stopped on a book “The briefer history of Time”…O I remember now, the last time I visited this store about 1 year ago, I’d seen this book and wanted to buy it but I did not have enough money at that time. Since then I had never visited that bookstore. So, either way I was fulfilling my wish. Soon I forgot what happened about quarter of an hour ago. I paid for the book and got out of the store. It was already about 5:30 pm and I tell you that you do not get the transport so easily. You have to Struggle for that, So did I. I watched the vehicles and soon heard the conductor of the micro shouting “Dhapasi, Basundhara”….and it was surely occupied as if a HOUSEFULL. I ran like anything; jumped through the sidewalks, ran through the sidebars and so much more and hurriedly got on to the micro. Luckily, there was small space where I could manage to sit (5% of my body was on the seat and the remaining was on the AIR) but whatever I could rest! I slept there keeping my ears sharp to listen to the conductor saying the names of the places. On one stop, a passenger got off and so I shifted to the back just to find and old school mate sitting right next to me…..ChitChat all after that..But I was content at the end of the day.  





2 comments:

  1. Heh heh heh he he......now that is what i call change of events........just like in my stories....but they arent real.....its fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh heh he he......now that is what i call change of events........just like in my stories....but they arent real.....its fiction!

    ReplyDelete